Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeker Groups

So do you know what a Seeker Group is? As I understand the concept, it's a group facilitated by a believer in Jesus Christ for people who have not yet made that decision but who are seeking more information on the topic. But how about a group for believers in Jesus Christ who want to grow and learn more?
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. 1 Peter 2:2-3 NIV
I'll be the first to admit that I am at the point in my spiritual life where I can study a book of the Bible or a passage of scripture, but I find topical study very hard. I would love to be a part of a group that could meet once or twice a month (or whatever) to take the chunks of meat we can't yet swallow and puree them a bit. Okay, so maybe that's a really bad continuation of the milk/meat analogy but you get my point.

Here are the facts as I see them:
I have questions.
I'm stuggling to find biblical answers on my own.
I need help.
Surely, I'm not alone.
I am going to email some friends and see who might be interested in something like this. I hope I get some takers.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I am sitting here with tears of JOY running down my face and a smile a mile wide after reading your entry on Emma. Thank you for this. It has made my day, not just for the new knowledge about Emma but how much closer it makes me feel and it explains the wonderful new way that God is knitting us together more and more as a family. Thank you for sharing. AML, Wanda

    ReplyDelete